Author Topic: WDTV Live Metathumb/Thumbnail Problem  (Read 2111 times)

January 30, 2012, 07:32:22 PM
Read 2111 times

donniesandiego

Hi I have the WDTV Live and it is fetching all the content info (backdrop, movie info, box cover) but on a certain movie the wdtv finds the movie i want info for, but when its loaded it only shows backdrop and movie info. It shows no thumbnail. This is also strange because the thumbnail is shown in the preview before the content info is downloaded and the metathumb itself is on my external drive but the wdtv will still not display this thumbnail. Any help?

March 22, 2012, 01:28:04 PM
Reply #1

LVS

I am having this same issue currently. WDTV goes out and grabs the metadata, including backdrops, and movie info but does not display the the thumbnail in Gallery View, even though the backdrops are being displayed. Manually getting content does not fix the issue either. Interesting thing is when I just added a single share with 15 or so movies it displayed the thumbs with all data and back drops. When I added the 2nd share with approximately 120 movies, it is displaying no thumbs for this share but still displays the thumb for the first share I added. Both are NFS shares. Any help?

March 22, 2012, 05:45:43 PM
Reply #2

LVS

Always more rewarding to figure this shiat out on your own... Damn wdtv doesn't like video_ts folders embedded in the root movie folder. If you move your dvd rips up to the root movie folder all is good. For example you have folder named Beowulf, and you have /beowulf/video_ts/video files... no cover art will be displayed, back drops and metadata info yes, but no thumbnail. move the contents of video_ts up to the root beowulf folder and you get thumbnail love from the wdtv. bunch a BS but anyway it works... hope this helps someone, since I have tried on two forums to get this answer.