Author Topic: Does WDTV Live supports DTS-HD, DTS-MA (LOSSLESS) ?  (Read 11717 times)

October 18, 2009, 05:10:56 AM
Read 11717 times

SputnikNYC

Hey all!!!!

So, since WDTV Live got a brand new HDMI 1.3, does it supports DTS-HD, DTS-MA(LOSSLESS)?

Thanks......
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:20:45 PM by jayallan »

October 18, 2009, 07:12:03 AM
Reply #1

nube

• Personal Text
    avsforum junkie
It understands the codecs, but does not support them.  It will not pass or bitstream them through to your receiver (but it DOES pass Dolby TrueHD, fyi).

The WDTV Live currently downmixes DTS-HD MA to DTS Core 5.1ch or Stereo 2.0 ch, depending on the options you've chosen in the WDTV Live settings.

October 18, 2009, 12:27:55 PM
Reply #2

wiiBox

It understands the codecs, but does not support them.  It will not pass or bitstream them through to your receiver (but it DOES pass Dolby TrueHD, fyi).

The WDTV Live currently downmixes DTS-HD MA to DTS Core 5.1ch or Stereo 2.0 ch, depending on the options you've chosen in the WDTV Live settings.

As far as I know, it's a licensing thing with DTS peoples.  All media players with license are compelled to behave in the same maner.  If you don't have a license, don't get caught! -- and I believe if your media player does bluray, you might be excempt as well.

November 17, 2009, 11:31:27 AM
Reply #3

fits79

I think it doesn't support truehd because i try the transformers1 that has truehd but it doesn't sound anything in my stereo tv why is that?

What setting i must do?
I already set settings -> audio/video -> audio output -> stereo.
I hope this is the correst settings to downmix all dts, dts-hd, truehd, ac3 to stereo isnt't it?

A lot of thanks.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 05:20:05 AM by fits79 »