Author Topic: Transmission For WDLXTV-LIVE Firmware  (Read 13129 times)

December 26, 2009, 12:20:03 PM
Read 13129 times

playdude

Download link:
http://hotfile.com/dl/21939482/bb70ae3/transmission-wdlxtv-live.zip.html

Mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mgzw2munorm

INSTRUCTIONS

This transmission.app.bin image was made using binaries from a Debian Squeeze mipsel distribution.

I made it due to popular requests for transmission to be included in the WDLXTV-LIVE firmware.

Just put transmission.app.bin in the root of a supported USB hard drive and transmission should
start at boot time.

To stop transmission-daemon run this:

/apps/transmission/etc/init.d/S97transmission stop

To manually start transmission-daemon after stopping it, run this:

/apps/transmission/etc/init.d/S97transmission start

Your torrents should be in directory

/apps/transmission/config/torrents

To access the transmission-daemon web gui, use this link in firefox

http://WDTV-IP-ADDRESS:9091

Replace WDTV-IP-ADDRESS with the real IP address of your wdtv
of course.

Have fun.

playdude

December 28, 2009, 10:42:56 PM
Reply #1

playdude

OK, if your USB drive isn't recognised at boot, hence preventing the transmission init.d script from executing, fear not. We can do it manually. Here's how.

#make a directory called transmission under /app
#it has to be called exactly transmission
mkdir /apps/transmission

#see where your mounted USB drive is
#should be something like /tmp/media/usb/SOMETHING
mount

#go to USB drive
cd /tmp/media/usb/SOMETHING

#mount transmission.app.bin on /apps/transmission
ls
mount -o loop transmission.app.bin /apps/transmission

#check if it's mounted correctly
#there should be an entry with /apps/transmission in it
mount

#run transmission init script without an argument and it shows you available arguments
/apps/transmission/etc/init.d/S97transmission

#try starting transmission
/apps/transmission/etc/init.d/S97transmission start

#in case you need to change transmission settings, stop transmission first and use nano for editing
/apps/transmission/etc/init.d/S97transmission stop
nano /apps/transmission/config/settings.json

January 12, 2010, 04:12:00 PM
Reply #2

Whoheart

How about writing at the top of the first message What It Does
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

January 12, 2010, 10:15:26 PM
Reply #3

rokr

How about writing at the top of the first message What It Does

It's a bit-torrent client, like deluge...

January 14, 2010, 05:38:02 AM
Reply #4

kainat

Thanks for the app it is great as I currently am using Transmission for my mac.  I have been using this app for the last couple of days, and I am having a little problem.  It seems that every torrent that I download that is rar'ed, gets at least 1 crc failure.  I re download the offending packet again and then I can unrar it withut issue.  I do not have this problem with the mac version of Transmission.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be occurring?  It is becoming a bit of a pain!
thanks

February 22, 2010, 09:21:30 AM
Reply #5

jagga

Have fun.

playdude

Tnx for app.bin prepared by you.

I have a very heavy CPU usage (80-90%) while downloading 13GB torrent (mkv) via 20 peers.
Using USB drive formatted in NTFS, maybe this is a reason of CPU overload?

I can`t using Deluge cause i want to be able to login via IE, Chrome (not only via Firefox) to my WD HD TV Live.
Maybe there exists other torrent clients (with web gui interface) witch can be used by Chrome or IE including Safari?

Could you please prepare a new version of app.bin of Transmission 1.91? (currently your app.bin is 1.76 version)
(I found information that in 1.9 the performance is higher. )
I`m newbie in *nix, canít prepare it by myself.
PS: sorry for my bad English.

February 22, 2010, 10:05:00 AM
Reply #6

rokr

Deluge is better than Transmission in many aspects (disk caching=Transmission does not have any and it uses the hard drive all the time, plugins like Extractor etc). The fact that Transmission is included in many Linux packs like Debian should tell you something.
Nobody would know Transmission, if it wasn't for the Popcornhour and the NMT media players (I had one and it sucked bigtime, a few peers more and your player would freeze from the high CPU usage). Check out the C-200/A-200 in the networkmediatank.com site to see all the problems they have with it...
If you don't like the webui, install deluge in your pc and try the GTKui... It's very similar to Utorrent and it is minimized in the windows notification area...

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:11:51 AM by rokr »

February 22, 2010, 12:11:29 PM
Reply #7

jagga

Deluge is better than Transmission in many aspects (disk caching=Transmission does not have any and it uses the hard drive all the time, plugins like Extractor etc). The fact that Transmission is included in many Linux packs like Debian should tell you something.
Nobody would know Transmission, if it wasn't for the Popcornhour and the NMT media players (I had one and it sucked bigtime, a few peers more and your player would freeze from the high CPU usage). Check out the C-200/A-200 in the networkmediatank.com site to see all the problems they have with it...
If you don't like the webui, install deluge in your pc and try the GTKui... It's very similar to Utorrent and it is minimized in the windows notification area...

Ok, please tell me how you will manage your torrents via Iphone? or other browser....

February 22, 2010, 12:17:18 PM
Reply #8

FALK

Deluge is better than Transmission in many aspects

But wouldnt rtorrent + some webgui be even better?

February 22, 2010, 12:41:36 PM
Reply #9

jagga

I need to have acces to torrent` web-gui interface via Iphone and IE.

Transmission - have a nice gui. (works fine on iphone) but i have a bad perfmomance while downloading big files (>12 gb)
Right now i`m testing deluge.

I have no experience with rtorrent... it would be step #3 =)

PS: Additional question: why Deluge gui working only in FireFox? old version of Deluge? maybe in 1.2.1 it has been fixed?

February 27, 2010, 09:02:39 PM
Reply #10

RandyM

Anyway I could get a repost on this...Links seem to be dead....

Thanks

RandyM

March 10, 2010, 08:01:53 AM
Reply #11

player_sct

• Szkielko i oko - blog about everything :)
dead links :( can anyone upload it again?
pLayer / Suspect
-----------------------------
http://szkielkoioko.xsk.pl - my blog about everything (photo ans hackintosh/osx86 mostly)