Author Topic: Reset to Factory Defaults doesn't seem to reset WD TV LIVE  (Read 8426 times)

February 02, 2010, 08:22:57 PM
Read 8426 times

Keen

From the "About" section on my WD TV LIVE it states I have firmware version 1.01.17, but it doesn't act like I have the most current version.  It appears like it's an old version due to the way it performs and it's missing things such as the video option to view Recent videos. 

When I use the "Reset to Factory Defaults" option it appears to reset, turning off and then on, but the firmware still says 1.01.17 and everything still acts the same. 

So basically I just don't think it's resetting properly.  Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?

Also, the search fuction on the web site gave me an error so if this problem has already been discussed I apologize. 

February 03, 2010, 09:29:29 AM
Reply #1

trehouse

You can try the reset button which is a small hole next to the USB port on the side. You'll need a paperclip or something like that.

When you do a reset it resets back to the last flash update.

You're looking for View Recent Videos with your external drive attached aren't you? If you're using your network to stream I'm not sure how that should look.

To me, it sounds like your WDTV-Live may be OK. What performance issues are you seeing?

When I reset to factory settings there's little that changes other then the network info is blank and a few other things I need to adjust such as HDMI screen setting. If you're network info is still installed after a reset (that is if you've installed this) then yes, it's not resetting as for me it goes away after every upgrade and hard reset.

February 03, 2010, 10:45:42 AM
Reply #2

Keen

Other than the "Recent Videos Watched" option not being there, everything seems very less responsive. Backing out of a movie by hitting the "back" button takes much longer than it used to, about 5 or 10 seconds it seems before it registers.  Maybe it's just the way the latest firmware is suppose to be? 

February 03, 2010, 05:50:43 PM
Reply #3

trehouse

I'm running version 1.0.11 and am not having these issues with the exception of when just starting up a USB hard disk while it loads. My system is not slowing at all.

The latest version from what I have read the only difference is that there's an upgrade to the upgrading processes so I didn't bother to load it.

You are using a USB attached hard disk aren't you? If you're doing this over the network anything is possible with the speed issues.

To me it is acting like you're resetting and it's working. Does your network go away after the reset? I think that when you unplug power and plug back it in also resets.

You can re-flash your system if you want. Here's the last few firmwares http://b-rad.geg0r.de/index.php?dir=official-firmware%2F . You would extract this to the root of a USB flash drive and then cycle the power and it most likely find the firmware. If not, you will have to modify the .ver file which is one of the files moved to the flash drive with notepad or wordpad.