- new : Works with media library ON (set default type of view in conf file and let wdtv scan at boot to link sheets, all drives have to be plugged at boot)
- new : display an artist sheet during music playback
- new : display a custom background per folder
- new : sheets can have extension you want (to not be displayed during photo navigation as photo)
- fixed: display of folder_sheet.jpg in wall view with wide thumbs
- new: MSheetSkin is loaded at boot (from zip file)
- MSheetConfigurator: new: integration of tools to rename, move files, convert structure...
- new: wide thumbs view, wall view poster thumbs and wall view wide thumbs
- Suppression of the thumb's loading process
- Suppression of the LaurentG compatibility, because it is no longer supported and it cause problems in photo and music media.
- fixed: wrong background when back is pressed (folder_sheet.jpg)
- fixed: file selected visibility (folder_sheet.jpg)
- new: support sheet view for all media types
- new: preview in list mode
- new: special view for photo media (more adapted to photo)
- new: Skin could be persistent
- new: Skin could be integrated in a custom theme (osd.bin)
- new: first screen after home menu could be the same for all media
- new: work with all media types in list mode and only video media in thumb mode
- fixed: problems in list mode
- new: special view for thumbnail loading
- fixed: quality of the sheet in dynamically change mode
- new: possibility to load your own skin
- new: list of thumbnail
- new: possibility to display a sheet for all files in directory and a list of thumbnail
- new: possibility to display a sheet for all files in directory without thumbnail
This application pack modify the behaviour of the OSD of your WDTV.- New : It display new views with wide thumbs, and a wall view with poster and wide thumb
(Choice is made folder by folder by addition of a trigger file, "_wide" for wide thumb view, "_wall" for wall view and "_wwall" for wide thumb wall view)
- It display sheets without any specific folder structure
All your files are in the same folder, and the navigation is more user friendly, because you display the sheets one after another just by using the up, down, left and right arrows.
If the app find a sheet in the folder, sheet display is used otherwise the standard display is used (thumbnail or list).
If a file does not have sheet only the file name and list of thumbnail are displayed.
It work with any file and folder that the wdtv can read.
You can also display a single sheet for all files in your directory.
MSheet is using a modded event-osd.app.bin (official by Elmar Weber, http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/wdtvtools/wiki/event-osd
), so application works with all types of media (Video, Audio, Photo).
- It display preview in list mode
- It display a specific thumb view for navigation of photo media.- A windows software, the MSheetConfigurator is helping you to configure easily your folders to use MSheet to his maximum.
How MSheet is working?
By the way, you have to know about MSheet:
there are 4 types of view in thumb mode:
-standard view, poster thumbs : looks like the original WD firmware (12 thumbs at the center of the screen, aspect ratio 2/3) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet.jpg
-standard view, wide thumbs : looks like the original WD firmware but with wide thumbs (12 thumbs at the center of the screen, aspect ratio 16/9, need a file named "_wide" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wide.jpg
-wall view, poster thumbs : the screen is filled of thumbs (21 thumbs , aspect ratio 2/3, need a file named "_wall" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wall.jpg
-wall view, wide thumbs : the screen is filled of thumbs (20 thumbs , aspect ratio 16/9, need a file named "_wwall" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wwall.jpg
In addition there are 5 types of sheet, which is making a different behaviour of MSheet:
- wd_tv.jpg: 1280x720 sheet, displayed as background without any other thing at the screen (no title, no thumbs). Used when you put each movie in a separate folder (default sheet made by TVIXIE for example)
- folder_sheet.jpg : displayed as a unique background for all the folder (don't change with the selected item, only one sheet for all the folder), with a list of thumbs
- <filename.ext>_sheet.jpg : displayed as background which is dynamically changed with the selected item (a sheet for each movie in your folder), with a list of thumbs
folder_sheet.jpg and <filename.ext>_sheet.jpg could be 1280x720, 1280x460 or 1280x... in case of standard view, 500x720 in case of wall view
- <artist_name>_artist.jpg (1280x720) displayed during music playback. Music files have to be tagged correctly with <artist_name> as artist.
- bg.jpg (1280x720) : special background of the folder
So if MSheet find a sheet in the current folder:
-standard view, poster thumbs : sheet is displayed at the top of the screen and thumbs at the bottom (1280x... sheet, 7 thumbs, aspect ratio 2/3) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_sheet.jpg
-standard view, wide thumbs : sheet is displayed at the top of the screen and thumbs at the bottom (1280x... sheet, 4 thumbs, aspect ratio 16/9, need a file named "_wide" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wide_sheet.jpg
-wall view, poster thumbs : a wall of thumbs on the right side, the sheet on the left side (500x720 sheet, 12 thumbs , aspect ratio 2/3, need a file named "_wall" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wall_sheet.jpg
-wall view, wide thumbs : a wall of thumbs on the right side, the sheet on the left side (500x720 sheet, 12 thumbs , aspect ratio 16/9, need a file named "_wwall" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wwall_sheet.jpg
Warning: this application pack requires first the installation of an alternative firmware, either WDLXTV or ext3-boot (WDLXTV(tested), ext3-boot(not tested)).
- Download the latest release at titi.wdtv.free.fr
- unzip it at the root of your memory stick, if you already use event-osd.app.bin, you need to overwrite the existing file.
- Modify MSheet.app.conf as you want
- Plug your memory stick to your wdtv
- Reboot your wdtv (unplug/plug power supply)
Special thanks to Cylent for the lot of idea he has, and to b-rad, zorander, elmarweber, Redindian, LaurentG, Idaho680, Ernis and the others for firmware, application pack, advice, test and help...
And also all the others who are making a lot of things for our WDTV like sheet's creator, template, osd and so on...
On this page http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Download
, you can find :
- the new application
- th MSheetConfigurator
- a test folder for an overview of what this app can do with sheets. It include a folder structure done by Cylent (Thanks).
- the skin structure, look at README file for more information
- you will also find in Download/Scripts section some scripts (windows) to help you to manage your folders (all movies in the same folder or one movie per folder)
The use of this app is not limited, your imagination too...