Author Topic: [APP] MSheet.app.bin (NEW Release 2.2.0) : WDTV Osd experience  (Read 47651 times)

February 19, 2010, 03:40:20 PM
Read 47651 times

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr

[UPDATED]
Version 2.2.0
- new : Works with media library ON (set default type of view in conf file and let wdtv scan at boot to link sheets, all drives have to be plugged at boot)
- new : display an artist sheet during music playback
- new : display a custom background per folder
- new : sheets can have extension you want (to not be displayed during photo navigation as photo)

Version 2.1.1
- fixed: display of folder_sheet.jpg in wall view with wide thumbs
- new: MSheetSkin is loaded at boot (from zip file)
- MSheetConfigurator: new: integration of tools to rename, move files, convert structure...
Version 2.1.0
- new: wide thumbs view, wall view poster thumbs and wall view wide thumbs
- Suppression of the thumb's loading process
- Suppression of the LaurentG compatibility, because it is no longer supported and it cause problems in photo and music media.
Version 2.0.1
- fixed: wrong background when back is pressed (folder_sheet.jpg)
- fixed: file selected visibility (folder_sheet.jpg)
Version 2.0.0
- new: support sheet view for all media types
- new: preview in list mode
- new: special view for photo media (more adapted to photo)
- new: Skin could be persistent
- new: Skin could be integrated in a custom theme (osd.bin)
- new: first screen after home menu could be the same for all media

Version 1.3.0
- new: work with all media types in list mode and only video media in thumb mode
- fixed: problems in list mode
Version 1.2.0
- new: special view for thumbnail loading
- fixed: quality of the sheet in dynamically change mode
- new: possibility to load your own skin
Version 1.1.0
- new: list of thumbnail
- new: possibility to display a sheet for all files in directory and a list of thumbnail
- new: possibility to display a sheet for all files in directory without  thumbnail

===================================

This application pack modify the behaviour of the OSD of your WDTV.
- New : It display new views with wide thumbs, and a wall view with poster and wide thumb (Choice is made folder by folder by addition of a trigger file, "_wide" for wide thumb view, "_wall" for wall view and "_wwall" for wide thumb wall view)
- It display sheets without any specific folder structure
All your files are in the same folder, and the navigation is more user friendly, because you display the sheets one after another just by using the up, down, left and right arrows.
If the app find a sheet in the folder, sheet display is used otherwise the standard display is used (thumbnail or list).
If a file does not have sheet only the file name and list of thumbnail are displayed.
It work with any file and folder that the wdtv can read.
You can also display a single sheet for all files in your directory.
MSheet is using a modded event-osd.app.bin (official by Elmar Weber, http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/wdtvtools/wiki/event-osd), so application works with all types of media (Video, Audio, Photo).
- It display preview in list mode
- It display a specific thumb view for navigation of photo media.
- A windows software, the MSheetConfigurator is helping you to configure easily your folders to use MSheet to his maximum.

==============================
How MSheet is working?

By the way, you have to know about MSheet:
there are 4 types of view in thumb mode:
-standard view, poster thumbs : looks like the original WD firmware (12 thumbs at the center of the screen, aspect ratio 2/3) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet.jpg
-standard view, wide thumbs : looks like the original WD firmware but with wide thumbs (12 thumbs at the center of the screen, aspect ratio 16/9, need a file named "_wide" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wide.jpg
-wall view, poster thumbs : the screen is filled of thumbs (21 thumbs , aspect ratio 2/3, need a file named "_wall" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wall.jpg
-wall view, wide thumbs : the screen is filled of thumbs (20 thumbs , aspect ratio 16/9, need a file named "_wwall" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wwall.jpg
In addition there are 5 types of sheet, which is making a different behaviour of MSheet:
- wd_tv.jpg: 1280x720 sheet, displayed as background without any other thing at the screen (no title, no thumbs). Used when you put each movie in a separate folder (default sheet made by TVIXIE for example)
- folder_sheet.jpg : displayed as a unique background for all the folder (don't change with the selected item, only one sheet for all the folder), with a list of thumbs
- <filename.ext>_sheet.jpg : displayed as background which is dynamically changed with the selected item (a sheet for each movie in your folder), with a list of thumbs
folder_sheet.jpg and <filename.ext>_sheet.jpg could be 1280x720, 1280x460 or 1280x... in case of standard view, 500x720 in case of wall view
- <artist_name>_artist.jpg (1280x720) displayed during music playback. Music files have to be tagged correctly with <artist_name> as artist.
- bg.jpg (1280x720) : special background of the folder

So if MSheet find a sheet in the current folder:
-standard view, poster thumbs : sheet is displayed at the top of the screen and thumbs at the bottom (1280x... sheet, 7 thumbs, aspect ratio 2/3) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_sheet.jpg
-standard view, wide thumbs : sheet is displayed at the top of the screen and thumbs at the bottom (1280x... sheet, 4 thumbs, aspect ratio 16/9, need a file named "_wide" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wide_sheet.jpg
-wall view, poster thumbs : a wall of thumbs on the right side, the sheet on the left side (500x720 sheet, 12 thumbs , aspect ratio 2/3, need a file named "_wall" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wall_sheet.jpg
-wall view, wide thumbs : a wall of thumbs on the right side, the sheet on the left side (500x720 sheet, 12 thumbs , aspect ratio 16/9, need a file named "_wwall" in the folder) http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Screenshots/MSheet_wwall_sheet.jpg

Installation

Warning: this application pack requires first the installation of an alternative firmware, either WDLXTV or ext3-boot (WDLXTV(tested), ext3-boot(not tested)).

- Download the latest release at titi.wdtv.free.fr
- unzip it at the root of your memory stick, if you already use event-osd.app.bin, you need to overwrite the existing file.
- Modify MSheet.app.conf as you want
- Plug your memory stick to your wdtv
- Reboot your wdtv (unplug/plug power supply)

Use Instructions
See http://titi.wdtv.free.fr

Thanks
======
Special thanks to Cylent for the lot of idea he has, and to b-rad, zorander, elmarweber, Redindian, LaurentG, Idaho680, Ernis and the others for firmware, application pack, advice, test and help...
And also all the others who are making a lot of things for our WDTV like sheet's creator, template, osd and so on...

Download:
On this page http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Download, you can find :
- the new application
- th MSheetConfigurator
- a test folder for an overview of what this app can do with sheets. It include a folder structure done by Cylent (Thanks).
- the skin structure, look at README file for more information
- you will also find in Download/Scripts section some scripts (windows) to help you to manage your folders (all movies in the same folder or one movie per folder)

The use of this app is not limited, your imagination too...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:58:13 AM by Titi »
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

February 19, 2010, 03:42:26 PM
Reply #1

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
I start a new topic cause the other is too long.
I hope this new release will interest some people, but you have also a lot of work to do to make (or remake) sheets.
I also hope that now incompatibility with LaurentG app will not cause big problems. If you are using a special feature of LaurentG app, tell me and I will see if I can add it to MSheet.

I think it's time for me to take a little break, a few days to go snowboarding in french fresh snow...
Sorry if I can't support you for these days, but I would like share my app before.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:51:17 PM by Titi »
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

February 19, 2010, 03:43:57 PM
Reply #2

Japaja

This is great, thank you. I'm going to play with it now.  ;)

February 19, 2010, 11:04:17 PM
Reply #3

AyDee

Thanks so much, Titi (& all...)!!
Now I just have to wait for my new remote to get here to test this out!(lost my 1st one)
I guess I have some time to make some new sheets...

Have fun snowboarding! ;)

February 20, 2010, 06:20:11 AM
Reply #4

bobs

Amazing job Titi.... congrats!!!!

In the first one (the 2012 screen), is it possible to have,for example, 9/10 movie covers or more?? (reducing space between them and resizing them would be an idea)

Another idea would be to modify it and having 2 or 3 "lines" of movies...the middle one is the one you're watching,the upper and the lower (maybe with a little of transparency) helps to view more movies together..  ;D
Image attached will talk better than me...
sorry for the ugly work but it was done only to improve my imagination :D

February 20, 2010, 06:57:43 AM
Reply #5

berks

This looks great but where is this template, maybe I missed it somewhere

Thanks

February 20, 2010, 07:19:39 AM
Reply #6

frakki

is there any possibilty to get wall mode working having each movie in a seperate folder?

February 20, 2010, 10:48:56 AM
Reply #7

AyDee

@frakki:That should work fine as long as you include the _wall file in the same folder as the folders you want displayed on the 'wall' and your sheets are 500x720...
Like:
Movies
  Dark Knight
    Dark Knight.mkv
    folder.jpg
  Star Trek
    Star Trek.mkv
    folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
  Dark Knight_sheet.jpg
  Star Trek_sheet.jpg
  _wall

_wall seems to just be a blank text file renamed to _wall (no extension) or copy/paste one from the demo folders.
And if you want a different sheet displayed when you open the folder, add a 'moviename.extension_sheet.jpg' (ie Dark Knight.mkv_sheet.jpg) to each movie folder.

@berks: I don't think that template has been posted anywhere but I imagine some new templates will be on the way for this great mod.

February 20, 2010, 10:53:44 AM
Reply #8

frakki

thx aydee so i need the Sheets to be placed in the "Movies" folder? not in the movies subfolder eg. Avatar?

February 20, 2010, 01:30:05 PM
Reply #9

AyDee

^Yes, that's right. And the _wall file as well.
Quote from: me
And if you want a different sheet displayed when you open the folder, add a 'moviename.extension_sheet.jpg' (ie Dark Knight.mkv_sheet.jpg) to each movie folder.
Like:
Movies
  Dark Knight
    Dark Knight.mkv
    Dark Knight.mkv_sheet.jpg
    folder.jpg
  Star Trek
    Star Trek.mkv
    Star Trek.mkv_sheet.jpg
    folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
  Dark Knight_sheet.jpg
  Star Trek_sheet.jpg
  _wall

-Note that the setups I did here will produce a 'wall view' with sheets on the right side. For a full wall view with no sheets remove all of the sheets from the 'Movies' folder. Sheets can still be present in the subfolders, to be displayed when you select each movie.

*Edit- I also have a question...

This screen seems to suggest 1280x720 sheets are still supported...

Will a folder with folder_sheet.jpg produce 1280X720 sheets or the new 'standard' 1280x460 ? Or maybe only 1280x720 in list mode?

I thought 1280x720 is no longer supported and the pic was accidentaly included, but the folder in TEST\std view poster thumb\Thumbs Background has a 1280x720 sheet.

I can't test until I get a new remote  :P Does anyone know?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:56:14 PM by AyDee »

February 20, 2010, 09:18:46 PM
Reply #10

dnicks

@Titi, thank you for your hard work!

@AyDee, yes, the folder_sheet works fine with 1280x720.

@berks,
Here is a 500x720 Template I made
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtmin5mrjwj

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 01:37:48 AM by dnicks »

February 21, 2010, 05:19:38 PM
Reply #11

~ kyogoku ~

• Personal Text
    ♫..♪♫ One more time, One more chance ♪♫..♪
hohoho... I never thought you would open a new thread for the new MSheet. I've waiting on my "unreadreplies" just to see your update ;D

ok, I'll look into it for sure... thanks a lot titi... ;)

--edit--
just download the test folder but I haven't got the chance to try them since I'm still at work. just some questions: I didn't see the "Thumbs Backdrops and Sheets" folder on it, is it applicable/mixable with the "wall view poster thumb"? and what should the structure folder like? struc1 or struc2 below?

struc1
Code: [Select]
Movies
  Dark Knight
    Dark Knight.mkv
    folder.jpg
    _wall
  Star Trek
    Star Trek.mkv
    folder.jpg
    _wall
    folder.jpg
    _wall
  Dark Knight_sheet.jpg
  Star Trek_sheet.jpg
  _wall

struc2
Movies
  Dark Knight
    Dark Knight.mkv
    folder.jpg
    wd_tv,jpg
    _wall
  Star Trek
    Star Trek.mkv
    folder.jpg
    wd_tv,jpg
    _wall
    folder.jpg
    wd_tv,jpg
    _wall
  Dark Knight_sheet.jpg
  Star Trek_sheet.jpg
  _wall
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:50:40 PM by ~ kyogoku ~ »

February 21, 2010, 11:06:26 PM
Reply #12

AyDee

"struc2" will do what you want if you remove the _wall file from the subfolders for each movie. Leave the _wall in the "Movies" folder.
Your version(_wall in every folder) will try to display sheets on the right side after opening the subfolders.
So more like this:
Movies
  Dark Knight
    Dark Knight.mkv
    folder.jpg
    wd_tv.jpg
  Star Trek
    Star Trek.mkv
    folder.jpg
    wd_tv.jpg
    folder.jpg
    wd_tv.jpg
  Dark Knight_sheet.jpg
  Star Trek_sheet.jpg
  _wall
If you are using the Configurator to do this, uncheck the 'Include Subfolders' box.

And one more question from me LOL, then I'll stop till I can test for myself :D
TEST\std view poster thumb\Thumbs Backdrops and Sheets shows 1280x720 sheets, while TEST\std view poster thumb\Thumbs Sheets shows 1280x460 sheets.
There aren't any trigger files in either folder, and the sheets are named the same so what makes them display different-sized sheets?

February 22, 2010, 12:03:22 AM
Reply #13

dnicks

@Aydee,  you don't need a trigger file for 1280x460.  it just reads the size of the file.  in the basic_browse_video_thumb_sheet.xml file, the _sheet is drawn in two images, one for the left half of the screen(the left half of your _sheet) and one for the right half of the screen(the right half of your _sheet).  in the old msheet, these 2 files were aligned "left" and "right", so when you used a 1280x460 sheet the image would show, but it would be down too far (centered vertically).  in the new msheet, these 2 files are aligned "top,left" and "top,right", so they will always start at the top of the screen.
hope that makes sense. :)

February 22, 2010, 12:53:56 AM
Reply #14

grung

This looks really great.

I have one question though. I put this together with the testfile on a usb stick, and have made a .ThumbDB folder in the root. After browsing the folders once and doing a reboot it works fine.

But do i have to browse the folders each time i do a cold reboot before it works ? (The wife turns everything off on the wall socket at night).

I can't seem to get it to work first time after a cold boot.