Author Topic: WDTV - MovieSheet Templates  (Read 217734 times)

April 02, 2010, 07:24:10 AM
Reply #150

Josheh

Hey Fella's! Thought I'd quickly come on to let you know I'm not quite dead, Just been busy with buying cars and what not, You're all progressing bloody well, I can't belive how people with already great templates can come back with something even better... Keep up the awesome work!

Dribbller, I love that new template mate,  I wonder what one will look better, That or the older one of yours..... Hmmm
It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.

April 02, 2010, 09:07:40 AM
Reply #151

omontero

what is a good program to find/render fanart for movie sheets? i am using TVIX but it doesn't seem to work for music albums and i need one for music albums too

To get movies fanart I use Ember Media Manager. Its pretty easy to use and has and awesome interface. http://www.embermm.com

To create my movies sheets I use Ember Media Manager to get the fanart to a bulk of movies and then Thumbgen to get the movie covers and create the movie sheets. Its the fastest and easiest way.

April 02, 2010, 09:50:19 AM
Reply #152

choekstr

Have been bashing my head on this all day today.

Do you have to have the movie and sheets in their own folders ?

I've got all my action films in a ACTION folder and I don't want to have to go and move them all in to seperate folders as it is just another step and pointless.

Yes, Titi's mod requires movies in individual folders.  I am in the same situation as you are and therefore the mod is not applicable to me/us.
However, B-rad incorporated Titi's mod into the official firmware and tweaked it a bit to support clumped movies in a single folder.
--
Chris

April 02, 2010, 10:01:19 AM
Reply #153

Schenk2302

I've got all my action films in a ACTION folder and I don't want to have to go and move them all in to seperate folders as it is just another step and pointless.

Yes, Titi's mod requires movies in individual folders.  I am in the same situation as you are and therefore the mod is not applicable to me/us.
However, B-rad incorporated Titi's mod into the official firmware and tweaked it a bit to support clumped movies in a single folder.

Hi,
he can have sheet view enabled so he doesn't need seperate folders!!!

Cheers

Schenk

April 02, 2010, 10:06:13 AM
Reply #154

ff_mark

many thanks, at least im not going insane :-)

I will have a look at sheet view and see if that does what i need

April 02, 2010, 10:09:25 AM
Reply #155

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
To get movies fanart I use Ember Media Manager. Its pretty easy to use and has and awesome interface. http://www.embermm.com

Very nice app! I just tried it a bit... a lot of time spent developing it, I am sure, but the app is great... Such app can send me to retirement from developing TG  :D
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee

April 02, 2010, 10:40:48 AM
Reply #156

extremedigital

Very nice app! I just tried it a bit... a lot of time spent developing it, I am sure, but the app is great... Such app can send me to retirement from developing TG  :D

ThumbGen.....NOOOOOOOO don't stop your development of TG

i use a similar set up of getting the movie info into a nfo file using media companion

http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/

However even though i could use it to get the fanart and folder.jpg as well all the improvements in TG mean i no longer have to use media companion for that part any more

April 02, 2010, 01:31:55 PM
Reply #157

wdtvforumfan

To create my movies sheets I use Ember Media Manager to get the fanart to a bulk of movies and then Thumbgen to get the movie covers and create the movie sheets. Its the fastest and easiest way.

Thanks for the great tips.
Ember Media Manager has really an awesome UI and it's working great!
I'm glad I stumbled upon this post :P

April 02, 2010, 07:22:33 PM
Reply #158

dribbller1

Thanks for the great tips.
Ember Media Manager has really an awesome UI and it's working great!
I'm glad I stumbled upon this post :P

Tried EMM and unless im using it wrong I think TG is way better..... with TG its all on the same screen.... thumbs, backdrops, info etc with a preview screen for moviesheets... Does EMM even make moviisheets? or is it just a grabber for thumbs, backdrops, info etc?

April 02, 2010, 07:51:58 PM
Reply #159

dribbller1

Hey Fella's! Thought I'd quickly come on to let you know I'm not quite dead, Just been busy with buying cars and what not, You're all progressing bloody well, I can't belive how people with already great templates can come back with something even better... Keep up the awesome work!

Dribbller, I love that new template mate,  I wonder what one will look better, That or the older one of yours..... Hmmm

Hey Josh good to see you back mate

As nice as the Red Curtain looks Im liking the WDTVorigLook... couple of reasons why.... 1> I probably wont use a custom OSDMOD so I would want it to look part of the original firmware. 2> with the use of more space I was able to get 10 cast members and there is room for a full plot rather than a plot outline..... Once I get movie sheets up and running ill decide then.

April 02, 2010, 10:05:33 PM
Reply #160

thumbgen

• ThumbGen
Tried EMM and unless im using it wrong I think TG is way better.....

They do not compete. EMM is a very interesting generic Media Manager. TG is more closer to the WDTV.
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee

April 02, 2010, 10:16:16 PM
Reply #161

N00B

Please how to use the template ? Some instruction ?

April 02, 2010, 10:49:13 PM
Reply #162

dribbller1

They do not compete. EMM is a very interesting generic Media Manager. TG is more closer to the WDTV.

Right!!!..... thats true its not a competition which is better so I should put it this way.... Considering this forum is about everything WDTV and I'm a WDTV user then for me after using the two I found TG to be BETTER suited to my needs :)

One thing I noticed was it had a plot outline and a full (long) plot... would be good if we had the option in TG to use either one.... reason is some templates have room for long long plots while others suit a plot outline.

April 03, 2010, 09:33:51 AM
Reply #163

omontero

I use both for specific things. To get fanart for a big amount of movies to create movie sheets EMM is faster but Thumbgen is the best moviesheet generating software (frankly the only).

EMM as its a media manager and thumbgen is a thumb/moviesheet generator. Even though they have things in common wouldn't want to see their development stop. They're awesome tools.

April 03, 2010, 06:56:45 PM
Reply #164

dribbller1

I updated the WD version I made to have full screen fanart.

WDTVorigLook (v2)
(Sheet or STD) 1280x720 to use with Thumbgen

Download link http://www.mediafire.com/?zgwzjmyemm0

Here is my red curtain sheet improved :) changes include full screen graphics, room for full plot, changed runtime and year into logos and moved title and other logos
Neat_Sheet_RedCurtain (v2)
(SHEET MODE) 1280x720 to use with Thumbgen  ***EDIT*** SEE PAGE 13 FOR v3 ***EDIT***                                                     

Download link http://www.mediafire.com/?2dm0imhtmz2
(STD MODE) 1280x720 to use with Thumbgen

Download link http://www.mediafire.com/?1oeqzn1jgyo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:38:29 AM by dribbller1 »