Author Topic: Playing vob files with WD elements play.  (Read 2963 times)

June 13, 2011, 06:03:03 AM
Read 2963 times

bruintje

My friend want to copy his dvd collection  to a media player for viewing during holiday .
In the past time he always had to take the dvds with him.
He recently purchased a Lacie Lacinema Classic (not HD) for this but he should convert all movies and this takes to much time for him. So the Lacie doesnt do the job the way he wants.
This device can play vob files but not the subtitles with it. (unless converting to Avi).
Then I saw the WD elements play and in the specs is mentioned that this device supports Vob files.
My question now is, can he rip his dvds to the hard drive, stored in  video_ts  and audio_ts folders (per dvd) and play these movies directly?
Does the media player also shows subtitles than (specialy Duth if available)?
I understand that most people convert movies for size issues but this is not an issue here.
All those formats are flashing before my eyes and because I am a newbe in this, Im not sure I would take the right decision to buy this WG elements play .
The job would be:rip dvd and play movie.
I hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks in advance
Bruno

June 15, 2011, 03:45:16 PM
Reply #1

bruintje

Because nobody seems to know the answer, i answer myself in this case.

I perchased the WD Elements Play, hoping he would play the files.
I ripped a dvd and copied the Vob, Ifo and Bup -files to the drive, all putted in a video_ts file.
I navigated to the video_ts file and opened it but the player did not show the movie.

A quick search on Google learned that i may not open the video_ts file but have to navigate to it and when i see this file, i have to push the play button.
So i went back to the tv and this way, it worked.
I have tried with a iso file and it works to, all with subtitles.

1) rip your movie with Dvdshrink to a folder
2)create a folder with the movietitle and copy video_ts and audio_ts to your "Elements Play" drive .
3)navigate to video_ts folder and hit "play".

For ripping to iso, you select "iso" instead of "folder " at the backup menu in Dvdshrink.

August 30, 2011, 10:10:12 AM
Reply #2

Mr. C. Ockring

Thanks Bruintje,

This was what I was looking for!

Bedankt,

Mr.C

November 23, 2011, 04:41:04 PM
Reply #3

MedicalGaps

• Personal Text
    [url="http://medicfrom.com/advice-for-health/womens-health/encyclopedia-of-womens-health-food/"]Encyclopedia of Womens Health: food[/url] [url="http://funmovie.info/"]Funny Movies[/url]|[url="http://funmovie.info/category/
    • medic
Ok, Im using nsvgui and its been working great so far. But, I have some Videos I will like to take off the playlist so they want be played no more. But I dont know how. I would like to do this without having to stop the stream or make a whole new play list. Anyone using nsvgui please help me.