Author Topic: Component settings back to HDMI problem/proper WDTV reset??  (Read 887 times)

August 16, 2011, 11:58:48 AM
Read 887 times

kingaliababa

I had problems where my WDTV suddenly stopped working with my Panasonic Viera HDTV for no reason.
I tried it on a friends Samsung HDTV (through HDMI) and it worked fine.
Tried again on my other TV, a Toshiba (5 years old approx) - didnt work.

To get it to continue working on the Toshiba I had to watch it through component. 

I've now noticed that updates that could possibly[/i] fix it are available. (Although any ideas on help with this would still be appreciated).

However, i have tried and tried to change component settings back to HDMI to test it, but it won't change.  I've tried removing component, plugging in HDMI and letting it manually choose the HDMI setting - but no joy. I've reset it to factory settings - nothing.  I've tried god knows how many different ways of trying to get it to pick up the HDMI but nothing.

I cannot test if it works because i cant get it to be as HDMI.

So does anyone know how to solve this or to do a full factory reset (tried pin in the side also) so it automatically picks up the HDMI upon turning on?

At the moment i've had to buy a Viewsonic to watch HDMI and i cant stand it, useless piece of kit!